Advice Sought on Power Loss to Sockets

Just to let you you guys know that I think I solved the problem in the end. It seemed to be a simple matter of resetting the RCD switch to the 'down' position by pressing the button in while I did that, with the main power switch off.

It stayed there, and then when I switched the main power back on ... voila, sockets working and nothing tripped.

This is why I was reluctant to call someone out tsraight away, in case it turned out to be something that simple. I'd never even heard of an RCD until this week.

Anyway, I hugely appreciate all you guys time and advice. Props.

Sponsored Links
You need someone to carry out periodic inspection and testing of the electrical installation.

That smorgasbord of protective devices is appalling too.

You need someone to carry out periodic inspection and testing of the electrical installation.

That smorgasbord of protective devices is appalling too.
Yeas an electrical safety inspection is on the cards anyway, prior to renting out, and you're the second person to express concern at the consumer unit, so I'll get that looked at and likely replaced. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back