Electric sockets upstairs not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , could someone please give me some advice, was wallpapering childrens room, some paste must of getting on to the electric socket where the radio was plugged in, i pulled the radio out without turning the it off, and it has blown all my electric sockets upstairs, i came down and went into the cirsuit box and it had tripped, when you pull the trip back up for the sockets upstairs it trips all electric sockets in the house, i looked up on here and read to turn the whole lot of and start again,i did that and it didnt work, i turned of the electrics and opened the electric socket where the plug was plugged in everything looks fine in there, could it be the main fuse in the circuit box for the upstairs sockets, the circuit box is a Wylex, when you turn the trip switch for the sockets upstairs the RCD trips, but when you turn the trip switch of for upstairs sockets, everything works,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

joanne

Sponsored Links
I would start by inspecting the inside of every socket in the room where you did the wallpapering, not just the one you think is the problem.

Failing that you really need someone with proper test equipment and the skill to use it to check things out.

Thank-you for your reply, ive fixed it, next to the plug socket was a little outside light box/switch, the fuse had blown in there, which resulted to all of my upstairs sockets blowing and the trip swtitch not working, Thank you though for taking the time out to reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back