Advice sought on shower feed....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this works uploading photos....

This first photo is of the 14mm pipe from the isolator to the cistern. Had planned to do away with this hideous euro pipe and replace the section with 15mm UK sized pipe with a T to feed the shower downstairs directly below. But if someone flushes this toilet while someone is in the shower below I could see it reducing flow to the shower

This photo shows the main run to the bath(behind the plasterboard on the left) which is in the odd 20mm sized nonsense. Could I cut out the "crimped" section and add a 22mm T to this to then feed the shower(holes for this in top of pic). I'm sure these stupid pipes need hammer in inserts and then they could be used with a standard 22x22x15 reducing T.

This is the pipe where it joins the bath. The other idea I have is to cut the crimped section out altogether and remove this cold feed to the bath and redo the whole bit in UK sizes, presumably the tap connection is standard?(3/4"?)
[/img]

Any thoughts? Has anyone cut out one of these crimped sections before and if so if I cut through just beside the crimped metal bits will I clear any inserts inside?

Sponsored Links
It's in there somewhere!! :oops: Basically what would be the best course of action to get a 15mm pipe downstairs to a new instant shower?
T off of a 15mm section that feeds the cistern
T off a cut through 20mm section
Cut out a section from(and including) the crimped bit and replace with UK assembled bits(thus meaning only one hammer in thing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back