Why the new cold water feed??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again!

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the existing cold water feed was not used for the sink and electric shower but instead this copper-in-to-plastic-pipe setup instead? Sorry, I’ve cut most of the plastic pipe off in this photo, but the copper pipe with the plastic elbows runs all the way back to the rising main.
EE6C887A-0A16-4A54-BB0B-962C6E42D38D.jpeg

Is this something to do with a power-shower electric shower needing a feed that doesn’t get interrupted by the demand from other taps?

I ask as we’re looking to remove the bath and replace it with a dedicated shower cubicle, and place the sink beside.
The simplest way seems to be for me to lose the additional pipe and instead tee in to the bath feed (as it looks like someone has, previously).

Sink with its new plastic feed and capped-off copper feed…?

2AB3D1CA-14B8-40E6-B034-D2C2CA986D6A.jpeg

Cheers all,
Ads

Edited as per post three

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If that's a mains cold running to the shower then it isn't a power shower, it'll be an electric shower, they are 2 quite different beasts.

There may have been a leak in the other pipe. The new feed is also laid along the ground rather than being run higher up so may have been done cause the other one got in the way of something, though TBH who knows, there must have been a reason for it though.

No reason it can't all be ripped out and made much neater and tidier than it is just now, that's for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back