Advice sought

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I've been treated...

================================================
Off topic. Your comments have been deleted - though you could heed others', which remain.
Refer your comments to [email protected]
Do please remember that you cause more offence than anyone else on the entire forum, other than people who are permanently banned.
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You could permanently exile yourself from the forum and the problems would go away.

Try and understand that you are equal to, not better than, everyone else.

Stop insulting people.

Lighten up.

Sponsored Links
I'll be blunt about this BAS, and people have told you this many times over the years.
Your posts are often quite "unfriendly" in tone - often factually correct, but very unfriendly. You have a tendency to sidetrack a thread over something that's not all that important in the grand scheme of things - and berate anyone who suggests that you just accept things as they are and move on. I'm not even going to try and count the threads that have turned into a many-paged discussion where you appear determined to prove that the rest of the world is in the wrong.
For a long time, you've appeared to have a "special status" where you got away with such behaviour where others would get censured - to the extent that people have complained and asked why the mods allow you to carry on in that way.
Complete speculation : it may be that the mods have woken up to the complaints and now, because of your past behaviour, you are getting less leeway than others do (or you would have got in the past).

I think it's unfair to treat you differently to Wilson, but at least this forum has not banned you like the other one I use.

But being fair to an extent we all do it, I have just seen another thread where the word transformer has come up yet again. It has been done so many times, one would think by now he would have learn how the English language changes.

This is why the Bible has to be rewritten, what was said has not changed, but the meanings of the words have, there are those who stick their heads in the sand and say the writing must never change, and it can't be transcribed from Arabic. We for a long time stuck to Latin in the same way.

When I did packet radio the syops (moderators) used a list of banned words, if you used one, then your post was held back for reading first, it was impossible for the syops to monitor all posts, so they needed some system to highlight the bad ones.

Be it this guy does it a lot, or he has used the word xxxx, really does not matter, they need a system to help them, maybe "ban" and "wilson" are in the list of words used by these syops?

I would change you handle and keep your noise clean until accepted at least. How about "Grumpy" for your new user name? OK that is said with a laugh, but go silent as ban and start with another name, then you start with a clean slate, do make sure not to upset them with your new name though.

Perhaps a poll should be started, along the lines of:
Who thinks BAS is
Right,
Wrong,
Clever,
Stupid,
Etc etc., and could include things like
Banned,
Not banned,
Given special privileges,
The list could be endless

1d) Any comments concerning forum administration should be addressed to [email protected] and not raised within posts.
I will make a second post in this thread then no more as I have no intention of getting caught up in, nor do I wish to see, another multipage row.
I have seen many threads/topics where your posts appear to be insulting and downright rude, whether this has been your intention or not I know not but when someone has commented on your insulting comments you appear to turn your insults on them. Again I know not whether it has been your intent or your lack of ability to write what you mean.
I have seen many complaints aimed directly at you and to you but I don't recall the same to others, they are few and far between if they are there and I have no interest in reading quotes where this my have happened.
Personally I'm surprised you have been permitted to remain on the site for so long, it appears to me (and I suspect many others) that you have had special privileges for a long period of time and it appears that the mods may be responding, responding to what I know not.
My rant is over and don't intend making any further response.

1. Attack the argument, not the person.
2. If someone's opinion is bonkers beyond reason, ignore it.

I'm guessing, you fit in the "compliant" personality type (if you've ever self assessed).
https://discinsights.com/personality-style-c

If you are ever going to change someones mind, you have to understand your own personality type and theirs and work out how to bridge it
https://discinsights.com/disc-theory

What are you like in the real world BAS?

Do you have hobbies and interests that you share with friends? Do you go to he pub on a weekend? Eat out much? Do you work alone or with other people? Do you get on with your neighbours?

It comes down to no' taxation with no representation'

Or in otherwords, if you join a club and pay nothing, you cant expect to have a say in hows its run.

The mods arent paid AFAIK and its a thankless task.

My guess is they try and stop threads descending into personal insults, which probably feels a bit random.

If you keep posts polite and avoid personal insults, you dont get banned from threads.......simples (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back