advice with bi-wire sockets. to do or not to do

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the input. It has helped me a great deal. I wont forget to remove the crossovers::))).

Regards

Sponsored Links
depending on the size of your amp 1.5mm or 2.5mm flat or round flex is good enough for your needs.

Many years ago What Hi-Fi magazine ran a cable test and included household 2.5mm solid core Twin&Earth. They rated it at 4 stars out of 5, better than some of the megabucks stuff they also tested.

I swapped to 'proper' 79 strand hi-fi cable (cheap from Richer Sounds) mainly for convenience and as T&E as speaker cable looks horrible. My ears cant tell the difference.

Doesn't surprise me, plenty of copper is what matters and standard mains wire is good on CSA per pound. Unfortunately it's kind of hard to find larger sizes of mains flex in two core (though IIRC I did see some 1.5mm 2 core in clas ohlson recently) and using three core means you have a messy earth to deal with.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back