Advise on Time switches for use with florescent lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my kitchen I have two 6ft florescent light tubes. Each is 65W (marked F65W/35). There are two light switches in the room to control them. Switching on at a light switch will switch the two tubes on, switching off at a light switch will turn them both off.

What I am seeking to do is to is to be able to switch the lights on/off automatically at set times and/or light intensity.

My problem is that most devices I come across seem say something to the effect that they are either not suitable for use with florescent lighting, or if they are, suggest a limit of something like 76W even if using something called a Florescent Light Adapter.

So any advice/tips on how I could achieve the safe and reliable automatic switching on and off of these two florescent tubes - delivering 130W - via time and/or light sensitive switches is sought.

Sponsored Links
This will be fine.

It is also a direct replacement for a lightswitch, so no additional wiring required. (providing there is a neutral at the switch)

Click Here

RF Lighting said:
This will be fine.

It is also a direct replacement for a lightswitch, so no additional wiring required. (providing there is a neutral at the switch)

Click Here

but there is a slim chance of that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back