AEG 79852G Gas Hob - Indicator light staying illuminated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an AEG 79852G Gas Hob which is shown below

In the off position, all indicator lights above the control knobs should switch off however, you might just be able to see from the photo that the 2nd one from the right hand side does not?

I have removed the control knobs and the small 'receiver' below each were all in the same position. The 2nd one from the right appears to be undamaged and in the same condition as all of the others. I have moved the 'receiver' manually when the control knob is removed and it turns through maximum to off but the indicator light will not go out when it is in the off position.

The above is not affecting the operation of the hob but I would appreciate any advice on how this albeit minor problem can be resolved. Many thanks in advance of any responses.

Mr M.

Sponsored Links
You need a new indicator unit for the affected burner. To replace it you have to remove the hob top. Firstly remove the burner caps and remove the screws under each burner then you have to push the hob unit up slightly at the front from underneath being careful not to stress the gas pipework at the back you will then see two T20 screws and these must be removed and then the glass hob top will lift off exsposing all the internals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back