AEG Gas Hob - Weak Sparks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a 4-burner gas hob by AEG. When I try to light it using the inbuilt ignition button, the sparks at all four burners are weak.

The electrodes (presumably doubling as thermocouples) are in ceramic holders and are a touch sloppy fit-wise. If I tilt an ignitor away from the burner using an insulated screwdriver, the spark is much better and lights the gas.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks, DB-H

Sponsored Links
Give them a gentle, but good clean. Remove any filth that may be short-circuiting the spark current. And make sure they are dry afterwards.
Since tilting the electrode with screwdriver makes a difference, this may mean you are disturbing some crap out of the way, or a connection is unsound (unlikely to have bad connections on every electrode though).

Give them a gentle, but good clean. Remove any filth that may be short-circuiting the spark current. And make sure they are dry afterwards.
Since tilting the electrode with screwdriver makes a difference, this may mean you are disturbing some crap out of the way, or a connection is unsound (unlikely to have bad connections on every electrode though).

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Sponsored Links
Could be the spark generator thats on its way out. post the model no Ill get the part no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back