AEG L16850 Washer/dryer not hot enough:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been trying to diagnose the problem with my washer/dryer. It first started when the drying cycle was not getting hot enough, I initially thought it was too many clothes but have subsequently found that it did the same thing with few clothes.

I have tried a number of test, I took the lid of the top of the washer/dryer and the back panel off and tested the following:

1) The dryer heater has two elements they are both measuring approx 60 Ohms
2) There are two themostats, one has a red button, they both show continuity, although the one with the red button cannot be pressed but has to be pulled, which is strange!
3) The NTC by the plastic vent off the heater, was giving me approximatley 5kish Ohms (can't remember the exact figure).

Now I actually tried the cycle on whilst the lid is off (I know not to be advised LOL! but I was careful) the heating element is very hot and the fan on the corner of the unit is definitely spinning! It just doesn't seem to have hot air going through the drum , I tried to see if there was an obstruction but cannot feel anything by the vent. I will say though when I tried to put it on a 2 hour dry cycle it seemed to last like 30 mins and goes to 0 without giving any error messages, which is strange (I'll have to actually time it again as I could be wrong!)

Subsequently I also tested the washer and stuck it on a 95degC Cycle and the door wasn't getting hot! When I measured the heater element I think it was approximatley 20 Ohms. I will have to double check that as this wasn't my initial problem that I was looking at.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back