aeg s83600cmw0 Freezer not freezing fridge is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as above freezer alarm went off for up to about -8 degrees . Fridge is always fine . Over night it seems to have Resloved but the alarm has been going off every now and then for a while . Anything I can check diy ? Have a multi meter etc

Sponsored Links
Hi as above freezer alarm went off for up to about -8 degrees . Fridge is always fine . Over night it seems to have Resloved but the alarm has been going off every now and then for a while . Anything I can check diy ? Have a multi meter etc

Is it auto defrost, with a heating element raising the temperature to above -8C ?

Try installing a separate digital temperature display, which has a remote sensor which you could fit in the general area of the freezer. They are not expensive and very accurate.

It is auto defrost / frost free . I had a look at the freezer evaporator . Was a lot of ice on it and what I’d call the “pipes “ coming off it with some electronics on we’re totally frozen over. ..so it’s prob not running the defrost . The fan doesn’t kick in ..

Sponsored Links
It is auto defrost / frost free . I had a look at the freezer evaporator . Was a lot of ice on it and what I’d call the “pipes “ coming off it with some electronics on we’re totally frozen over. ..so it’s prob not running the defrost . The fan doesn’t kick in ..

Clear it out of food, and give it a thorough defrost - it might need a day or two..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back