Fridge Freezer help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an hotpoint fridge freezer, had it a few years, think i took the insurance out, will have to check.
The freezer works fine, but lately the fridge has gone to +25 degrees, we thought it was the door at first because the temperture went back to normal, got home from work today and the fridge is at +25 degrees, made sure the doors closed and it was, so can this be repaired or will it have to be replaced?
what can it be?

Sponsored Links
they are not usually economic to repair

a couple of things:

see if the thermostat appears to work (does it click, does the compressor start)

if it is a frost-free, give it a full manual defost (sometimes the defrost pipes clog up with ice or fragments of food)

it might have lost gas pressure.

does it have one compressor or two? are they both warm? (you may need to pull it out and look behind)

they are not usually economic to repair

a couple of things:

see if the thermostat appears to work (does it click, does the compressor start)

if it is a frost-free, give it a full manual defost (sometimes the defrost pipes clog up with ice or fragments of food)

it might have lost gas pressure.

does it have one compressor or two? are they both warm? (you may need to pull it out and look behind)

put on fast freeze, the fridge temp is dropping, at 14+, compressor does click in.
not sure on compressors, the one i have, hotpoint mistral intelligent care, the pipes are on the bottom and not the back.
what i did get was tonnes of fluff, so pulled that out, just wondering if the fluff could have been the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back