hotpoint fridge not getting cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint ff 187 bwp fridge freezer, fridge is not getting cold, I have checked the fan it is working fine, the air blows up in to the fridge when the freezer door is open, close the door, the fan still runs but air does not come in to the fridge, open freezer door again air comes through again... Please help if you can[/i]

Sponsored Links
Take out the freezer drawers. Turn off the appliance. Re move the screws on the rear panel. Some are recessed. Lift the rear panel off lifting up and out from the bottom to avoid breaking it. Remove the fan assy by prizing out each of the clips. You may find a large ice formation under the evaporator. Remove it.
Or you may find frost. Use a hand held steamer or hairdryer and towels. Check continuity on the defrost heater by unpluging it aprox 400 ohms. Also check the cut outs. Low ohms.

Alternatively turn off the appliance for 60 hours. Put plenty of towels at the rear as the dissipator tray above the compressor will fill with water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back