Aerated Concrete Block or standard concrete block?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just wondering what the wall I'm planning to build should be built from?

The wall is going to be cavity construction with the outer leaf only 10mm away from my neighbours garage wall which is single brick construction.
Once my wall gets higher than the neighbours there will be facing bricks on the visible part forming the apex of my roof, I'm planning to have flashing to close the 10mm gap between my wall and my neighbours wall where my wall is higher.

I'm thinking the outer leaf of my wall should be concrete block with aerated block for the inner leaf.

Or

Could I use aerated blocks for both leafs of my wall as the outer will be protected from the elements by my neighbours wall.

What would the builders recommend.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

That's what I'm going with as I have the blocks and as the neighbours garage wall is built on to the side of their house so there's hardly any possibility of it ever being taken down.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back