Aerial for radio, I am just out of range.

If the single entitled receiver is mobile then a "broadcast" is needed.

No, that would be a none or omni- directional transmission. Radio 2 transmits, but also broadcasts. A radio taxi control office would transmit, but would not be broadcasting.

Sponsored Links
Radio 2 transmits, but also broadcasts.

The terminology from the 1980's was

Radio 2 transmits in broadcast mode. Micro-wave links transmit but not in broadcast mode as the beam width angle is very small and intended for only one receiving station. That said even a micro-wave link could be deemed as being in broadcast mode if there were several receiver stations along it's beam path.

Thank you for link, it states:-
"A person commits an offence under this section consisting in the disclosure of information only if the information disclosed by him is information that would not have come to his knowledge but for the use of wireless telegraphy apparatus by him or by another person."
Since I work on the railway, I would get the information, but not as quickly, so since it would come to my knowledge without use of wireless telegraphy apparatus I am not committing an offence.

Eric, just get on with it. :)
If your using a Baofeng you can program it so that it cannot transmit on those frequencies too I think.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back