Aerial Problem, pleease help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably more of a ditzy question than a DIY question but im stumped!

I moved into a new place last weekend, its an apartment block which is about 3 years old and the apartment has had people living in it before me but when i plug my tv aerial into the wall socket it wont pick up any channels, although i lived in an apartment block just across the road previously built by the same people and it worked fine over there so i dont understand why its not working when the socket is there and i have the wire to hook my tv up to it?

We have an antenna aerial in the living room as that one apparently didnt pick up any channels without it either. Could anyone explain to me why the cable version doesnt work here and what i can do to get my tv up and running? do i just need to buy an antenna aerial?

Sponsored Links
Check the basics first...

1) If your TV has both Freeview and the old analogue tuner then make sure you are tuning the correct one. If analogue has been switched off in your area then you'll need to make sure you are tuning the DTV (Freeview) tuner.

2) Are you plugged in to the right socket at the wall?

3) Speak to neighbours. Is there something you don't know about the aerial system?

If you have done the above then next speak with the management company. If you are paying a management fee then that will include something for the communal aerial.

Living in Hong Kong sharing a flat my mate had star TV installed. (Satellite) And what ever they did resulted in normal TV no longer working from that socket. I will guess there is a distribution point where the installers can move the cable from TV aerial to LNB but never looked into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back