Aesthetics of Aluminium French Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had some aluminium French doors fitted and I am not pleased with the aesthetics. The holes for the bolts underneath the door have been drilled into the aluminium frame and just don’t look good at all. I raised this with the company and they said there is no room on the design of these doors to fit a bracket over to cover the hole. They said these holes are normal and like every other door of this style they fit.

I have attached photos.

Any advice on whether they could make this look better? With such nice doors it just looks hideous in my opinion to have these jagged holes - it’s such an eyesore.

Thanks for any guidance/advice.

Attachments

• 1692A5E0-28F8-4926-B115-EE148257F092.jpeg
    1692A5E0-28F8-4926-B115-EE148257F092.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 138
  • E67145B3-4CF7-4450-BB35-2CF9A075B102.jpeg
    E67145B3-4CF7-4450-BB35-2CF9A075B102.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
Could you put white plastic caps over them. Whoever installed it did a sloppy job though.

Thanks. I haven’t paid yet so any advice on how I should proceed? Should I ask them to redo and drill neater holes? They seem to think it’s perfectly normal. Yeh good idea about the caps. Maybe ask them to redo or at least find caps to cover?

Sponsored Links
The reason the holes look crap is because they've had to enlarge them because the shootbolt wasn't going in, they'd have to be drilled pretty accurately first time so as the shootbolt enters the hole it pulls the doors tight against the rubber, looks like they drilled then adjusted the hole backwards thus making the hole bigger as they went. I would possibly email Deceuninck.de assuming it is their profile, looks like it to me and ask them if they have a solution. Incidentally what sort of plate do you have at the top, you should have one and I bet its even adjustable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back