French door bolts catching on door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When fully engaging the door handle, the bottom bolt doesn't fully extend out (it hits the bottom aluminium frame) and so the door won't lock. Is there any way I can adjust how far out the bolt shoots ? I've already adjusted the door height and lateral positioning but it seems I still need another 1-2mmin in terms of height to fix the issue. An alternative is to drill a small hole where the bolt will sit but that looks tacky.

Sponsored Links
If its a 'shootbolt ' extension in theory yes you can BUT if it was working before what's happened to stop it extending correctly, does it extend fully when the door is open? If not there is an issue with the locking mechanism somewhere. If its only when the door locks being engaged to the frame, then its an alignment issue

If its a 'shootbolt ' extension in theory yes you can BUT if it was working before what's happened to stop it extending correctly, does it extend fully when the door is open? If not there is an issue with the locking mechanism somewhere. If its only when the door locks being engaged to the frame, then its an alignment issue
I've just installed the door. It fully works when door is open. Not sure what else I can do.

Sponsored Links
Are the doors 100% upright? Anyway to adjust " compression ' compression on hinges?. Sounds like the door sash isn't closing in the frame correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back