After getting lied to and "kicked" he wants more

Australia is only part of the picture. US, Canada and New Zealand will be next. Also the import caps are only time limited. If farmers have any concerns, they need only look to the fishing and fish processing industries to see how well their interests were protected. :rolleyes:

Yes so thats 35k from Australia and then thats the starting point for NZ, USA, Brazil so it all adds up.

We are sending the UK back to serfdom and the serfs are voting for it in droves.

Sponsored Links
What do you know about fishing quotas?
Sweet FA looking at your posts.

I don't normally idulge trolls, but who mentioned quotas? Are you saying there aren't big problems exporting shellfish and crustaceans to The EU? Are you unaware of the problems with cod fishing? Google 'The Kirkella' and educate yourself, son.

I don't normally idulge trolls, but who mentioned quotas? Are you saying there aren't big problems exporting shellfish and crustaceans to The EU? Are you unaware of the problems with cod fishing? Google 'The Kirkella' and educate yourself, son.

Whilst there is no doubt EU membership and its quota system damaged UK fishing industry.....that was decades ago.

But leaving the EU has not helped the fishing sector.

Leaving the Single Market has made it very difficult for exporting fresh fish to EU - in fact many UK fishing boats used to drop their catch straight into French ports.

Trade barriers now mean transit documents, customs declarations and sanitary controls with verinary checks at ports.

Our fisherman used to do quota swaps - with European fishing businesses, that's now not possible.

Ironically we prefer Norwegian cod and most of our fish are sold to EU.

Most of our shellfish is sold to EU - they have a far greater appetite for it compared to UK.

These problems were all known before, it's not a surprise.

Sponsored Links
Since you mentioned quotas.

Fishing farce: Boris's deal leaves UK fishermen with LESS quota than before Brexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...k-fishermen-eu-quota-boris-johnson-trade-deal

From the Brexit and Johnson supporting Express. How quickly things change!

I note how it's Boris Johnson's fault for not negotiating a "robust trading relationship"

It's just one of the endless Brexit blame game bolox. The reality is the UK was negotiating with a trading block 5x bigger and most of the leverage.....it wasn't a deal the UK could dominate.

The reality is the UK was negotiating with a trading block 5x bigger and most of the leverage.....it wasn't a deal the UK could dominate.

I thought I read last week that UK is the only country in the world to have a completely tariff and quota free trade agreement with the EU.

I thought I read last week that UK is the only country in the world to have a completely tariff and quota free trade agreement with the EU.
There's more to trade restrictions than just tariffs and quotas.
If the goods don't meet the required standards, tariffs and quotas are for the birds, (including pigeons).

You selling that as a benefit. Hmm

There is no mention of non tariff barriers such as regulations and requirements.

More importantly the EU has a big trade surplus in goods with the UK but we didn't get a deal on services which we have a big trade surplus.

Filly even at your age I must admit your energy in defending Brexit is admirable. :p

I note how it's Boris Johnson's fault for not negotiating a "robust trading relationship"

It's just one of the endless Brexit blame game bolox. The reality is the UK was negotiating with a trading block 5x bigger and most of the leverage.....it wasn't a deal the UK could dominate.
And its not just a deal with the EU where BJ has failed.

As members of the EU we used to have rights to fish in Norwegian waters.

As a country we decided to walk away from that deal, and then to elect a useless government which has failed to get a new one, hence why one of our largest trawlers, which just on its own used to supply 10% of the fish used in fish & chip shops, is now lying idle. I doubt its the only one.

Im waiting for Mottie to say that he isnt a fisherman and doesnt eat F&C, so it doesnt affect him and therefore it doesnt matter.

the fishing industry will pick up

lets face it to much fish is being taken out of the sea any way , mostly by by foreign boats from the EU plundering british waters ;)

plus all the damage they are doing to the sea bed using there trawling nets ;) thats generally the French ;) who dont give a stuff

rumour has it that they only empty there on board chemical toilets when they are in british waters

yes exactly ( scoundrels )

From what i have read, trade with the EU has bounced back and exceeds prepandemic levels.

There a few problems that still need to be sorted, the N. I. Protocol being one of them.

The catastrophe that was predicted doesn't seem to have materialised.

So everything is cool.

Once weve sorted the problem of the winners moaning all the time that they won, particularly the ones in NI...

From what i have read, trade with the EU has bounced back and exceeds prepandemic levels.…The catastrophe that was predicted doesn't seem to have materialised.
Don’t say that! You don’t realise how many bonfires you’ve just ****ed on. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back