Aga Pump Over Run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any one out there who could please advise me as to how long the average time is for the pumps to stop after the boiler is shut down.
I have an AGA 480AG running all of the heating in our house. All rooms have their own remote transmitters etc to their own receiver and valve.
They all work as they should. When the rooms are up to correct temp the boiler goes into shut down.
In the system there are two open circuits one on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
They are both quite sizeable areas for the heat bleed off to be sufficient, presently the over run time to get the AGA to a shut down state ie feed line at 30deg C and all pumps stopped can be up to 6 hours.
If this is the norm so be it, but I can't accept this and have tried phoning AGA but I honestly believe that I would have better luck trying to get Buckingham Palace to answer the phone.
Thanks in anticipation

John
:(

Sponsored Links
No way should it take six hours for the pump to stop, your aga has a pump overrun stat which I would think is faulty.

Thanks very much for the response. Will get this sorted. I'll keep you in the loop
John

When u say open circuits u mean without valves acting as a bypass for when the rest of the valves **** down?

Sponsored Links
Re Open circuits, yes they have no control valves and are open to allow the pumps to circulate the water to cool off when there is no heat being called for
Regards
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back