Agricultural land for a caravan!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got an opportunity to buy some agricultural land in rural Wales which I'm considering buying as a base to leave a touring caravan on. Next to the land there is a small row of terraced houses but little else apart from brilliant views. There is a decent high mature hedge which would screen the van from the road.

Before approaching the local authority regard permissions, do you think I am wasting my time?

The neighbours don't have problem in me using it for the caravan and seemed welcoming to the idea.

Typically how much could I expect to pay to get water & electricity connected? Currently there is water and electricity immediately next door.

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
To store a caravan or become a site to house a living van?

I suspect that the planners would object if they saw any indication that you intended to attempt to change use

Ideally to use it as a holiday base, though even to use it for storage would still be of use, depending on purchase price, which is indicated at £4.5k for 0.5 acre.

Doubt if planning would allow change of use, if you were an agriculture worker on the site they may think differently .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, it makes sense. I'll probably give it a miss.

Thanks again

Simon

You could keep a caravan at home, tow it to the site and spend 14 weekends there
I wouldn't-

Do what the gypsies do around here..park up wherever you like for as long as you like...sh..yte in people's gardens and not give a fek!

Sponsored Links
Back