Aid required for hotpoint washer/dryer wd62

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint washer/dryer wd62 failed to start up. Bought a new door interlock switch (zv-445) and fitted. Closed door and turned on and the washer started - the solenoid water valve opened and neon light turned on. Because I had not replaced the machine back plate I turned off the washer. Since then it has refused to start again and all the three terminals of the interlock switch give 240 volts whether the door is closed or not. The pcb is powered and no visible faults. What has happed? Any help or suggestions much valued.

Sponsored Links
check on off switch netural wire poss come off.
To check the neutral on the on/off was an inspired recommendation on your part. The neutral wires were firmly attached and I had checked the live operation of the switch but stupidly not that of the neutral. A more thorough check showed that the neutral side was contacting only 2 out of 10 times so you were spot on with the cause. I have ordered a new switch but as a temporary measure I may connect both neutral wires together. Does the knob of the switch just pull off? Many thanks you were brilliant.

yes join them together as a temp measure and yes knob just pulls off . :)

Sponsored Links
yes join them together as a temp measure and yes knob just pulls off . :)
Could I please seek further advice from you on my hotpoint wd62? To reiterate the wd62 would not start the wash cycle after changing the door interlock to cure this fault, but with your expertise pointing to the neutral pole of the on/off switch I joined together the two neutrals to circumnavigate the erratic switch contact. It seems I might have changed the door interlock unnecessarily. On starting up again after reassembly the machine switch on, the neon light came on, the water valves opened and the drum agitated the wash. Fine but the program did not move on and moving it forward by hand did not switch on the centrifugal spin but the drain pump worked. While the dryer heater and fan worked the drum did not move. The only thing I had touched was the pcb and programmer to gain acess to the on/off switch. The terminal blocks seem to have been replace firmly back in position. The door interlock works and the tube on the pressure switch is clear. Any suggestions please - I want to avoid the expense of a replacement pcb/timer if possible.

check the brushes on the motor or a broken wire on the motor block .

check the brushes on the motor or a broken wire on the motor block .
Today I encounted another problem on endevouring to reassemble the machine after recieving the spares. I had removed the front panel to obtain better access by detaching the rubber seal from the outer static drum. Now I am frustrated in attaching the rubber seal back onto the outer drum.. Do I need to detach the seal from the front panel first and if so how do I take it off? Advice much appreciated.

theres a metal band round the front panel held on by the white clip at the top needs to be split .fit seal onto the drum first .undo 2 screws on the vent at 12 oclock and lip seal into slots and feed round drum and replace the band then do the front one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back