Hotpoint Aquarious WD62 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Aquarious WD62 Washing Machine,and it has developed a problem,I did a wash and lost a sock I believe then did another wash and it was ok and did the last wash and when the full cycle had finished I opened the door and it was full of water.

Could you tell me if this washer is a sealed unit ? will I be able to get to the filter?

Sponsored Links
The filter is in the hose coming from the bottom of the tub to the pump.

no, how do you suppose i used to change them?

diss all pipes cables, lay m/c on its back.

have a search using me as author, nice pics of a wm (similar to a wd)

Sponsored Links
Your sock is most likely to be in the filter and blocking the passage of water to the pump
Unlike most other machines were the filter is accessible from outside of the machine the hotpoint filter is located in the sump which is the thick rubber pipe at the bottom of the drum.
This is only accessible from the inside of the machine.
It is held on by a large plastic hose clip which you disconnect by twisting left side up right side down. To refit squeeze together both ends with molegrips
Once the pipe is disconnected the filter is a plastic frame type which lies inside the the bottom of the disconnected hose.
You should be able to remove sock at this point, or the sock may be jammed at the drum outlet.
Most white goods techs gain access to machine by removing back or front of machine, if you are doing this day in day out this can be done very quickly.
For the diy'er an easier way to gain access to the inside pipe is to securely lay the macine back far enough to be able to work from underneath.
Before starting, with the machine lying back you can open the door and manually drain as much water from the tub. Beware when you disconnect the pipe there will be a bit of residual water remaining at the bottom of the tub.
As always for the diy'er before starting any job you must feel confident you have the ability to tackle the job
Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back