Aiphone LEF intercom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience with these?

We have a LEF 5 with 5 units and want to add one. Desperatly looking for guidance or if someone can point is to an installer in London.

Sponsored Links
What are you wanting to add ? , been fitting aiphone equipment for years ( pretty bulletproof ) most stuff is pretty straightforword and manuals available online

Got a LEF 5C.

Doorbell + 4 units with latch release.

Now want to add another master to our extension.

I understand that these are daisychained.
I have located the unit with only one set of cable so that must be the last one.

My questions:
Is it correct that I need to run a cable from there to new location?
What cable should I run? How many cores? Would cat5 work?
What do I need to connect in the other units so that they recognise new device?

Picture below of unit 3 and what I assume to be last unit as no doubled over cables

Attachments

• 23022018226-1.jpg
    23022018226-1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 23022018228.jpg
    23022018228.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Thanks.

All are using 12 core

Am I correct in assuming that the unit with just one set of cables is the last one in the series and I should be running the cable for next one from there? (It is actually number 2 but if I have understood correctly, the wiring is the thing that determines which is last unit - not the connector number).

So what I would do is:

Run cable from last unit
Find an unused colour of the 12 cores (white)
Connect it to new unit C
In source unit twist its white with incoming white and connect to its empty connector which is available as it is that units own number and so on to all units?

Last edited:
You would wire daisy chain as above or they use to do a joint box where you could wire all the units in a star configuration, the wiring determines the unit number !

the wiring determines the unit number !

I undertand, but if I have a unit wired as in picture 2, would that mean that it is the final unit on the daisy chain and I should/could wire from there?

It would actually suit me better to wire star config. I originally thought the the system worked on a star configetration from under the stairs because installer had 2 junction blocks there - and I ran a CAT 5 from there.

The reason I made this assumption is because I believe doorbell and unit 1 join up in a junction box under stairs and that is where the power is. Could I add the sixth unit by just starring out from there?

Would CAT5 cable work?

3 issues ....need more cores , it will get confusing swopping colours , I think the install manual says avoid using twisted pairs !

3 issues ....need more cores , it will get confusing swopping colours , I think the install manual says avoid using twisted pairs !
Thanks so much. Managed to wire as per your advice in star from junction box and all working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back