Air Admittance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. A quick question on a bit of plumbing I'm putting together please. I've a sink and a shower waste that are emptying into the same run of 40mm waste pipe which runs under the floor and to the outside. I was thinking, to avoid any gurgling, I'll put a waste trap with an auto/built-in vent onto the sink, but do I need one on the shower waste? I've put a diagram of the layout below if it helps. My options with the shower waste are limited as I'm using an Impey waste trap which came with my shower tray and it doesn't have a vent built in. But not entirely sure if I need one? Would water flowing from the sink pull the water from the shower trap if there's a vent on the sink waste? Would it pull in air there in preference to pulling the shower waste water in the trap? :confused:

Bathroom plumbing.jpg

Shower waste:
Shower Waste.png

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back