Gurgling shower trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve just installed a new bathroom but when emptying the bath or the sink the shower trap gurgles. The water in the trap also moves when the toilet is flushed but it does not gurgle.

I was thinking of installing an air admittance valve on the pipe leading to the shower trap. The only problem is that the valve will be at the same level as the shower trap, will this still work? Or would it be better to install this under the sink which is the highest point?

Am I going down the wrong track, any other ideas are welcome?

Sometimes the bath gurgles too; do I need to install an air vent on the bath too?

The sink has an anti-vac bottle trap. The waste pipes are all 40mm apart from the last meter up to the sink which is 32mm.

The old bathroom did not have a shower but the bath was (and is) slow in draining.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage further down the waste if you had problems before.

I have had this problem and cured it with a "Hepvo" self sealing waste valve, if you do a search on tinternet you will find the info on them. :)

Sponsored Links
Are all the pipes connected at some point :?:

You can fit a couple of small AAVs along the run within 150mm of appliances

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back