HepVo trap noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom refit and fitter (not a pro) cut out the sink waste to tidy things up and put sink waste to join up with bath waste.
Then there was gurgling and possible siphoning of traps. (traps fitted were inadequate for purpose)
So I got him to fit a hepVo trap on the sink ( and also bath) instead of the shallow bottle trap because it all goes direct into a soil pipe and did not want risk of smell.

Anyway I noticed that when the bath empties, there is not any "gurgling" but there sure is a noticeable amount of water noise generated by the flowing bath water. Then I also notice i could hear water noise (eg basin draining) from the flat below that must also be feeding into the same soil stack. The basin waste acts like a speaker for all that noise.

Anyone also noticed this problem once the water trap is removed and a hepVo trap is used instead?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back