Gurgling Sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a new bathroom and have had to tee the basin waste into the bath waste - this is how it was done before and there is no access to install a second waste pipe to the basin.

I find that when I empty the basin, there is a gurgling sound from the bath plughole. I understand this is due to the pressure of the water "pulling" the bath trap and allowing air through.

I gather the best option would be to replace both the basin and bath wastes with anti vacuum traps however due to the design of the bath I'm unable to fit an anti vacuum trap directly to the bath. I can fit one to the basin however given the bath is gurgling I'm guessing this alone is unlikely to resolve the problem?

I've seen a Gurgle Master which I would be able to fit towards the bottom of the bath before the basin waste tees in, so something like this:

Bath waste --------------------(length of bath)-------------------- gurgle master --- tee ---------- outside

Is this likely to resolve the problem? If not, can someone tell me what I'm best to do?

Sponsored Links
Would probably help but anti-syphon devices can also make a noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back