Bathroom Installation Advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of renewing my brothers bathroom. Upon taking the bath out i have found out that the basin and bath waste both goto drain of the same waste pipe ( bathroom is on groundfloor). The basin runs along the wall in 32mm where it then T's into the 40mm waste from the bath. Now i know this is incorrect installation as they should have individual waste to drain. If i left this in place i would get "gurgling" sounds when the bath/basin was emptied (induced siphonage?). I was wondering if i increased the diameter of the pipework to 40mm, installed an anti vac trap on the basin would i be able to by pass this problem. If not could you suggest an alternative method for me. Another hole through the wall isnt really an option as space is very limited.

Any advice/help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I was also contemplating moving the copper pipework. As the bath as centre mounted taps i was going to take the copper of the wall, down the side of the bath along the length. T off the hot and cold towards the centre of the bath and connect using900mm flexi. This would at least give me a little more room under the bath. Or would plastic speedfit be a better option here, it will certainly be quicker, but a lot more expensive.

Sponsored Links
Whatever floats your boat really.

If appearance is not a problem the I would and have used plastic. I do not consider plastic to be inferior in any form other that aesthetics.

Personal preference is for Polyplumb with Tectite fittings. Hep2O is OK - but not a favourite for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back