Bathroom basin waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a new bathroom in our house. Took out the old basin/toilet/bath this morning and rather shocked at the amount of grey stinky gunk that is all the way through the basin 40mm waste pipe. The while pipe has 1cm of the smelliest gunge I've ever encountered. Before I connect up any new pipes and waste what's the best way to get rid of it?

On a side note, the previous basin was set rather high and the waste ran pretty much straight out the wall with very little incline. The new basin is likely not to be as high. What should I do here, without drilling a new hole in the outside wall?

Could I run a new 32mm waste from the basin into the 40mm waste pipe that runs from the bath? As long as it's connected up after the bath bottle trap I assume it's ok?

Sponsored Links
hire yourself a diamond drill for a few hours and cut a new lower hole for the new basin waste

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back