Basin and Bath - same waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it perfectly ok for the basin and bath to use the same waste pipe? Currently re-arraging a bathroom which has 2 40mm waste pipes exiting the wall. 1 for bath, 1 for basin and I'd like to re-arrange them in such a way that the basin and bath waste go into the same pipe with a T junction.

This ok?

Sponsored Links
Yes - just use commen sense and dont allow them to run onto each other, use the T as the run from say the BATH is approaching the STACK.

You don't say where they go into outside, do they join a soil stack or waste pipe?.
If they join a soil stack then they should be as they are not joined together, also sometimes joining a basin waste to a bath waste can give you a backsurge into bath.

Sponsored Links
Both 40mm pipes join a soil pipe on the outside.

I thought it might be a good idea to reduce the number of pipes on the exterior of the house while I had chance. I took the bath and sink out today and it seems the bath waste pipe is angled in the wrong direction. The slope is going the wrong way.

i would say they were done seperately to avoid back wash issues into the bath and also to avoid having to fit anti-syphon valves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back