air bag warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my audi a3 has an airbag warning light which is permanently on . i have had it in the garage and they have scanned it and all the airbags are working ok but to get the light to go out i would have to change the door airbag initiator or something like that but he said that it is quite an expensive job.does anybody know of a way i can just put the light out.

Sponsored Links
donr said:
my audi a3 has an airbag warning light which is permanently on . i have had it in the garage and they have scanned it and all the airbags are working ok but to get the light to go out i would have to change the door airbag initiator or something like that but he said that it is quite an expensive job.does anybody know of a way i can just put the light out.

I don't think you can "just put the light out", for example by removing the bulb.

Perhaps someone in the know can confirm this, but I understand that the airbag warning system is now checked as part of the MOT, if the bulb is on permanently, or if the bulb fails to illuminate as a check for a few seconds when the ignition is switched on then this will result as a failure.

I'd suggest sourcing the part from a breakers yard if a new one is expensive.

Sponsored Links
The air bag warning light is not part of an MOT. If you dont want the expense go with the tape and hope you dont need the bag

donr,
Don't know allot about Audi's, but some other makes have airbag connecters under the front seats. I had a Laguna with similar prob. I waggled wires under passengers side front seat & light went out, then cleaned up & reconnected connector, prob never came back. Common fault with Reno's.
Can you deactivate or activate the passengers side front airbag? See if that takes the light off.
Here's a website that may help, if you post http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8

Back