Air being sucked into system

Sponsored Links
I'm now sat in the room with the pump. What sounds like huge slugs of air air being produced from the boiler, passed through the pump and into the radiator, with a lot of noise -whooshing and hissing.

It's as if the boiler is heating the water and then a load of air is being forced out quickly. It only happens when the boiler is hot.

The hot water cylinder appears to be working, so there is presumably not a blockage up from the boiler.

The system is 35 years old, apparently, so a power flushing is probably not advisable.

I may have to give in and call in a heating repairer as I've no idea what to do next.

I know this is an old post and you may not see this but was it sorted? Only that my system is doing pretty much the same. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Go up into the loft and look at the feed an expansion tank.

How deep is the water?

How deep is the mud?

Does water come out of the vent pipe when the pump is running, or when it starts and stops?

Buy a powerful neodymium magnet.

Post some photos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back