Air being sucked through vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with air in my system, i have discovered that the air is entering the system via the vent pipe (glass under the vent when pump is turned on water is sucked into pipe), could anyone tell me if my pipe layout is ok, basically the pipe is 22mm from the boiler with a 22mm vent then a 150mm cold feed , 15mm (150mm away from vent) which is situated directly above the pump which pumps down into the supply to the rads. Also my vent pipe is only 200mm above F&E water level,does this need to be 450mm to prevent air being sucked thorugh pipe or is the 450mm height guidlines for other reasons?

Help is required, i have just completed a powerflush and installed a magna clean as we initially thought (or british gas did) the problem was all related to hydrogen

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back