AIR BRICK HEIGHT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Some Urgent help needed.
Got a guy laying the patio for me tomorrow, the Air brick has to be moved up. At the moment it is sitting above finished ground level. When slabs are layed it would be half covered, so it obviously needs shifting up, have 4 courses of bricks before DPC.
current plan is to butt it up to DPC level and leave 6inches from final finished level making a direct access through inner course making an air flow. Does this sound OK? Are there any regs. on how far above the finished level and below the DPC?
If you can help it would be appreciated.
Tony

Sponsored Links
I built an extension recently and asked BCO guy... He said the air brick should sit on the DPC so in other words the air brick should be in the first corse of bricks above the DPC...

I do know your finished patio level SHOULD be 150mm below your DPC so that means 2 bricks bellow your air brick.

It passed building control inspection so im happy

Mick

Hi Mike
Sorry I didnt explain myself properly.
This air brick is airing and area below my DPC on this part of the building there is a drop of approximately 7ft over a 12ft distance. I know it sounds strange but it is a basement flat. So if anyone has any thoughts they will be greatefully accepted..Job starts at 11am this morning

Tony

Depends on age of property and if you have a cavity tray. Normally the air brick is there to ventilate the void below your floor.
What type of floor/walls/general construction of house do you have?
Also what age is property?

Sponsored Links
Hi Static
Original Property was built in 1830 the part where this void is was done about 25years ago to create a kitchen this is where the suspended floor is.
This a a flat consisting of ground floor and basement. The Kitchen is situated on the ground floor which is where the height difference is between the levels of the void.
Tony
PS Time is running out as the work has begun :confused:

Bit difficult without seeing it, you could fit one of these from Screwfix
p1527789_l.jpg

Thanks Masona That looks just the ticket :LOL:
and thanks to all those who posted suggestions.
Will post pictures in a couple of days of finished job.
Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back