Air brick in solid wall, but, dropping into a floor void

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to get ventilation into my floor void to stop rot & damp, the house has no front garden, front door opens straight onto the pavement. The problem I'm having is the external level is only 30mm lower than the internal floor and the wall is solid brick, 4 course's thick. Looking to get at least two air bricks in, possibly three in a run of wall 3.5m long. Had a few builders look at it, one said he'd put 3 terracotta air bricks in and core at an angle up to them from inside, another said he can't do it and waiting for another to get back to me. Any ideas on how to do it and what the cost might be? Forgot to add that the internal flooring is up and wall inside is back to bare brick.

Thanks,
Jammy

Sponsored Links
Its gonna be a right pain in the backside especially in brick but can be done, hopefully you won't have to remove half the wall to do it. I'm no builder so costs for this kind a thing are not my bag.

I've done something similar to this this before on a job albeit on a stone wall that was rendered externally but the principle is the same. Rather than render to hide it at the front you're gonna have to remove the bricks and then replace afterwards unless you're prepared to accept a bit of render under the new vents.

The idea of just fitting an airbrick in the outer skin and then core drilling from that to the inside at an angle sounds good in principle not sure how easy it would be though. Nice neat solution if it can be done.

Thanks for the reply, all sorted now, reversed it and went through at high level, dropping within the inner skin of brick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back