Air Cleaner / Purifier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone ever bought used these?

Our house is 120yrs old and on a sunny day there are millions of fibres/dust particles flooating about the air. The house becomes dusty very quickly and we have polished walnut floors so they too also become mucky looking.

I've been looking at Air Purifiers from Breathingspace.co.uk, around £120 for a decent one. DO you think these will keep the air a tad cleaner??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A decent vacuum might be a better bet. They say most of that stuff is dried skin particles.

I don't think a vacuum will sort it. That does get done frequently. I don't know where it all comes from. We have been doing a lot of diy but heck, 10minutes after polishing the glass tv stand it is covered in flecks of dust

ANyone ever boughtan Air Purifier???????

regular vacuum cleaners put most of the dust back into the air.. they only really get the bigger bits up like hair and such..
you want a HEPA filter on an air conditioning unit.. thar will trap a lot of the particles..

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's what i've been looking at. Purifier with HEP filter system, was trying to get others advice on wether this wol;d catch dust particles or not.

If it's visible your vacuum should collect it. If it's chucking dust into the air the very least you need is a new filter. I've never heard of anyone other than you with this problem - so the odds are the problem is yours and not due to the inefficiency of vacuums.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back