Air Conditioning power supply

Sponsored Links
I agree that a new radial should be installed as this appliance would be on for long sustained periods. But what constitutes a "fixed load"?
Appendix 15 suggests loads such as cookers ovens and hobs. I would imagine as these can be a substantial load on a ring final over long periods.

Appendix 15 gives suggestions as to how the loads on ring finals can be reduced, and that is by taking larger loads off the ring.

At no point does is say "must" but given the nature of this load a good designer would put in a separate circuit.

Thanks, I agree. Sustained loads "ideally" should be separate from a general purpose ring circuit. However built-under ovens, taking 2 to 2.5kW, are frequently taken off a kitchen spur. I have seen this in new homes.

Rings circuits are assumed not to have all appliances and sockets loaded up to maximum. If all fixed appliances are on and each socket has a 3kW heater and electric kettles on, then the circuit overloads and protection trips activate. An assessment of the loading usage must be undertake. That is rule of thumb in average domestic homes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back