Air conditioning units for Spain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm looking at having a couple of air con units (inverter types) installed

I'm in Spain and it's getting uncomfortably hot so July and August are set to be unbearable

Been looking at Mitsubishi and Samsung (been told that Samsung is almost as good and better value than Mitsubishi)

The unit that's been recommended is:

Samsung AQV24NS 24,000 Btu Inverter system

Question is, how much should I pay in terms of labour etc. for the unit to be installed if it's being supplied by the air con bloke

I've looked up the price online and the unit (int and ext units) costs around 1300 euros so what's a fair price to pay for

He wants to charge 1625 as a total price (to include trunking and wiring so that the unit is on a separate circuit breaker)

Is this fair do you think? I'm thinking that 300 euros for less than a days work is a bit steep as that is for only one unit (he's priced all the units separately to include labour)

What do you think? Am I being unreasonable?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well you dont say where you are in spain, for caceres or badajoz it is a bit steep maybe, but catalunya and the costas it probably fair...

Thanks Alec

Perhaps my post was hard for corgi to understand

If I have all 4 units installed then he wants 1200 - again if this all takes one or two days then I thought the price was steep

I'm not on the Costas, I'm inland and am now in Granada

Thanks Alec

Perhaps my post was hard for corgi to understand

If I have all 4 units installed then he wants more than 1200 for the installation work

- again if this all takes one or two days then I thought the price was a little steep

I'm not on the Costas, I'm inland and am now in Granada

I suspect it is the going rate..you should get other quotes...

You have to bear in mind that their carnets give legal protection as they are registered with La Communidad Autonoma, they also have to pay for that privilege.

So its probably a fair price

I suspect it is the going rate..you should get other quotes...

You have to bear in mind that their carnets give legal protection as they are registered with La Communidad Autonoma, they also have to pay for that privilege.

So its probably a fair price

Wow, carnets are pretty much unheard of here but he assures me he is legal and has given me some references to contact

Thanks Alec, I am of course getting a couple more quotes - just wanted to know whether I was being a bit tight or not!

£200-300 per unit installed is reasonable.

Personally I would go for Daikin units. Although I can't speak for
Samsung.

I don't know the layout of the house. But I would be
looking at a larger outside unit that can feed several indoor units.

It depends if you are just wanting to air con a couple of rooms
or just one or two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back