air in hot water pipework - vented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just plumbed in a 160lt indirect tank in my loft with CWS on a platform above. Base of which is in line with top of tank. The horizontal pipe run to vent and distribution is about 750mm. The vent runs at an angle 45 degrees -ish to above the CWS.
On trying out the system I'm finding that air is being sucked in through the vent and into the distribution pipework to the bathroom on the ground floor (2 storey). Any ideas as to how I can eliminate this.

Sponsored Links
Raise the cold storage tank and increase the cold feed to the cylinder.

The tank is already up against the rafters. What do you mean about increase cold feed. I have used 22mm. It seems to me that it is something to do with the nature of the flow at the junction of distribution and vent. I'm wondering if I changed the vent to run up vertically then horizontally instead of diagonally.

No it's to do with putting the cylinder in the loft.

Increasing the cold feed to 28mm and preferably 35mm will help prevent the suction on the vent.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back