Air in Sealed Central Heating System

Mini update...

AAV is currently closed and this morning I heard air bubble up the towel rail just after coming out the shower. Will keep things as they are for a few more days to be sure but looks like AAV is not the culprit.

Also found a very, very small leak from the spindle on one of the valves on the towel rail - could that be the source of the air? (I hope so!)

Sponsored Links
Apologies to bring this thread back from the dead. If this is against any rules I'll delete the post.

Only posting as we have this exact same issue, it's as if I posted the original thread myself. Only difference is an Ideal combi boiler which was installed 6 months ago.

Bubbles after turning off hot water. No (known) leaks in the system. Had two engineers out to investigate (checking the AAV etc), even changed the pump completely.

Pressure does not drop yet still air bubbles only after turning off the hot water.

The manufacturer's best advice is a deaerator but otherwise is at a complete loss on the cause. My installer is at a loss for causes.

Did you ever find out what the issue was for this?

Apologies to bring this thread back from the dead. If this is against any rules I'll delete the post.

Only posting as we have this exact same issue, it's as if I posted the original thread myself. Only difference is an Ideal combi boiler which was installed 6 months ago.

Bubbles after turning off hot water. No (known) leaks in the system. Had two engineers out to investigate (checking the AAV etc), even changed the pump completely.

Pressure does not drop yet still air bubbles only after turning off the hot water.

The manufacturer's best advice is a deaerator but otherwise is at a complete loss on the cause. My installer is at a loss for causes.

Did you ever find out what the issue was for this?
After 8 years, I doubt you’ll get a response from the OP.

I have a sealed system and could never get the small amount of air out. Always heard it percolating around the system. Someone on here suggested one of these: https://www.plumit.co.uk/product/sp...ebjNTAtFifprBKJUAv1f4sA_SfBtR7-caAm81EALw_wcB I fitted one and it has kept every last drop of air out of the system.

Sponsored Links
After 8 years, I doubt you’ll get a response from the OP.

I have a sealed system and could never get the small amount of air out. Always heard it percolating around the system. Someone on here suggested one of these: https://www.plumit.co.uk/product/sp...ebjNTAtFifprBKJUAv1f4sA_SfBtR7-caAm81EALw_wcB I fitted one and it has kept every last drop of air out of the system.
That is the exact item I was looking at after the manufacturer’s engineer recommended it today - going to look into getting it installed. Thanks!

Still need to investigate the source of the issue in the meantime but this should hopefully help with the air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back