Air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell if the burner can generate air bubbles in the water of a sealed heating circuit. I have used an additive from wickes. I read somewhere that co2 can be produced when the water gets hot. Anyone have similar issues. I have no leaks or pressure drop. the rads are generally air free although it accumulates in the towel rail rad occasionally. I think it is causing the system not to heatup correctly and work to its full potential.

Sponsored Links
The burner can't put gas into the the water unless there's a hole in the metal. If there was a hole, you'd know because it would leak water! When you heat cold water the oxygen dissolved in it comes out as bubbles (look in your kettle or saucepan BEFORE it boils to see this). If the oxygen is not let out of the system by bleeding, the water will reabsorb it when the system cools. That's why an automatic air valve is handy. without one you can spend many happy evenings letting air out until it's all finally gone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back