I Can't get the air out, help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody advise on how best to remove air that continually circulates around my system. It is a sealed system installed in a bungalow, the combi boiler is in one room with flow and returns going into the roof space above. No leaks and pressure holds just fine.
All the rads are supplied from the roof area making the rads the lowest points in the circuit. Air seems to have accumulated in the pipes at the highest point and does not seem to come out of the boiler auto vent. The air does slowly accumulate in the rads but this is taking a very long time to do so. The question I have is, should I install some sort of air vent or separator in the roof / highest point? I have tried the trick of only one rad open but the air just keeps circulating as bubbles. I assume that bubbles are just moving with the flow and not getting a chance to vent either at the boiler or accumulate at the top of the rads very well.

Sponsored Links
Have you actually looked in the loft?

It would be very unusual for the installation to be made without auto or manual air vents.

Tony

I have had a full inspection in the loft and there are no manual or auto vents. As advised the only auto vent is on the boiler but little air accumulates at that point. If it should have a vent in the loft, what type should I go for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back