air lock in hot and cold at kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just added a branch to the cold water from under the kitchen sink to a american fridge freezer (ice maker etc) turned the water back on and all my taps are ok except for the hot and cold at he kitchen sink which just trickle out, have had the water off before many times to change taps washers etc and had no problems SO why now?? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Surely you have mains supply to kitchen cold???........ certainly wouldnt have storage tank water to my chilled water ice thingy......yuk...
On a more serious note , isolation valves fully open??.... cant say I have ever had an air locking problem on kitchen cold, hot yes if off gravity fed tank. First port of call check taps for washer problems , crap blocking taps etc... Strange both affected at same time.

the mains comes in at the garage then up to the bathroom and down to the kitchen, i have not got a cold water storage tank.
strange circuitry i know but as worked ok for 27 years :LOL:

Sponsored Links
just added a branch to the cold water from under the kitchen sink to a american fridge freezer (ice maker etc) turned the water back on and all my taps are ok except for the hot and cold at he kitchen sink which just trickle out, have had the water off before many times to change taps washers etc and had no problems SO why now?? :cry:

oddly enough so have i well she insisted

no probs ;)

check the taps

Hate to state the obvious but the taps worked before now they dont, it is very difficult to airlock mains pressure of any reasonable calibre so if its going through a combi boiler? to hot and direct to the cold tap there must be a restriction of some kind to these taps. All other taps are okay, disturbing pipework can dislodge debris, scale ,anything sitting in the pipework and restrict flow where it stops. Something is doing the restricting hence check the offending taps.................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back