Help - Lack of Cold Water in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all.

Have recently replaced Kitchen Sink and Taps in my Ground Floor flat. Am now lacking any cold water supply (Bar a slight trickle) in the bathroom.

Had tried to isolate both cold water and hot water supply using the two stopcocks in the bathroom. (I have cold water tank in Bathroom) The Hot Water stopcock turned off but the cold water stopcock would not shift. Was ready to give up, but then found stopcock under the kitchen worktop to cut cold water to the kitchen sink. Replaced the kitchen sink, restored both cold water and hot water supply which now works fine in kitchen. Hot water supply is fine in bathroom but have no (Or VERY little) cold water supply in the bathroom. I'm certain that I've opened all stopcocks that had been closed (Without being able to vouch for the stopcock that barely moved!)

Any suggestions? Is the stopcock that wouldn't move likely to have stopped supply in the 2-3mm that it travelled after I'd WD40'ed it and put a spanner on it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It's an air lock. Either suck the water through with a wet vac, or connect other eg mains supply to open tap, to push air backwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back