Air lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drained my cold water tank to clear out some of the rubbish at the bottom. Now I am only getting a dribble from my cold water tap in the bath.

Looking at other posts I guess it must be an air lock. The advice I have found say to clear it using mains pressure. My problem is that the tap in the bath is a mixer tap, how can I attach a hose to it?

Is there any other way to clear the air lock?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Ok looked at those problem is my tap is too wide. Its 37 mm wide and the multi tap adapter is only 34 mm wide.

Any other ideas?

Steve

Sponsored Links
get a hose connected to the main use a normal rubber tap connector

open the mains cold tap with the hose in the bath

open the cold tap on the mixer push the connector on the tap with a rag round it

it will leak a bit but only in the bath shouldnt need that much pressure

Ok I managed to find a way. In case anybody else has the same problem this is what I did.

The mixer tap had a plastic screw in spout (if you see what I mean!). Fortunately the screw size was exactly the same as the hozelock screw in adapter so I just screwed it in.

All is now fine. Thanks for your efforts.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back