Air lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! every one. i'm new here. but would like some advice, about an air lock. I think. Direct water system. Have water all over the house. old house three stories high. the thing is There is no cold water coming out of the bathroom bath tap, mixer tap. There is also no cold water coming out of the cold tap in the bathroom sink. have tried hose no luck, have also tried washing machine hose cole feed bridiging still no luck. thare was no hot water at all in the begining. but sorted that out. they had some bloke round to fix a tap in the kitchen, but he could not find the mains stop cock. so he tried to change the kitchen sink tap without turning of the the mains. so He drained the two tanks in the loft. to stop the leak and caused an air lock in the pipes. managed to sort that out . but as I said befor still have air lock in bathroom . am puzzled? any suggestions would be most appriaciated. thanks john boy.Sorry this is a bit long winded.

Sponsored Links
the mixers maybe fitted with check valves.
try using mains pressure down the inlet pipe to the bathroom mixers from the loft tank with the mixers open

the mixers maybe fitted with check valves.
try using mains pressure down the inlet pipe to the bathroom mixers from the loft tank with the mixers open

Have fixed this by holding my had under bath mixer tap.and then turning on the hot tap ,now have cold water in bath and sink.john

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back