Air Locks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called out this morning by a customer who's bathroom basin tap wasnt working properly.

When I arrived, it turned out the colds to the bathroom were dribbling out.

So the usual...
ME "Has anyone carried out any work before I got here?"
Customer "No, the taps just went wrong"
Me "You have brand new lever valves in your airing cupboard"
Customer "Oh, me Uncle did them at the weekend - he fitted a new shower"
Me "So, you did have work done and why did he not sort this out"
Customer "Well, he is a plasterer and dont know whats wrong. He said we have the wrong taps"

Took all of 10 minutes to clear the air via the mains outside tap with a long hose up to the bathroom. :rolleyes: (No pressure on the hot).

Another idiot who cannot do a job properly who is perading as a 'plumber'. Its appalling. I invoiced them for £40. (Probably too much Joe-90 but I could fix it and their 'plumber' could not).

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We had a similar thing in a property were some company turned up 3 of them to carry out some water treatment on a 4 bed house , legionella treatment charged a couple of grand or more , to put chemicals in the system perculate it ect caused air locks , we get called out :) was going to say how we cleared it but open forum ect no hose pipe or mains though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back