Cowboy Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone watch Cowboy Trap last night? Made me laugh... one of the major huge "issues" that the plumber had done wrong was keep the bathroom tap (on a refurb) tank fed - he was installing a non dual flow basin mixer tap! Which the customer purchased.

They made a huge issue out of how it was tank fed and this was incorrect and how disgusting it was that this cowboy plumber was letting the family brush their teeth with tank fed water - and he was definitely going to make them ill!

Do they not realise that 90% of british homes are plumbed up like this and it is nothing unusual. More so, the customer provided the materials, so how on a non dual flow tap is he going to cope with an unbalanced supply without all kinds of bodges (prv's and check valves) to change it to mains fed.

They said "the shower was plumbed in with safe mains cold water" however this shower was pumped - so that seems unlikely - and even if it was - do they not realise where their hot water comes from?! The same bl**dy tank!! ;)

Admittedly the guys finishing was appalling - but his plumbing seems to be OK!

OK rant over - makes me angry when they try to make a program from nothing and dont get their facts right giving us all a bad name in the process - and misleading other people watching.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Did anyone watch Cowboy Trap last night? Made me laugh... one of the major huge "issues" that the plumber had done wrong was keep the bathroom tap (on a refurb) tank fed - he was installing a non dual flow basin mixer tap! Which the customer purchased.

They made a huge issue out of how it was tank fed and this was incorrect and how disgusting it was that this cowboy plumber was letting the family brush their teeth with tank fed water - and he was definitely going to make them ill!

Do they not realise that 90% of british homes are plumbed up like this and it is nothing unusual. More so, the customer provided the materials, so how on a non dual flow tap is he going to cope with an unbalanced supply without all kinds of bodges (prv's and check valves) to change it to mains fed.

They said "the shower was plumbed in with safe mains cold water" however this shower was pumped - so that seems unlikely - and even if it was - do they not realise where their hot water comes from?! The same bl**dy tank!! ;)

Admittedly the guys finishing was appalling - but his plumbing seems to be OK!

OK rant over - makes me angry when they try to make a program from nothing and dont get their facts right giving us all a bad name in the process - and misleading other people watching.

:LOL:

Yea, I tend not to watch the drivel the TV companies come out with, it's always the same old crap, builders plumbers and garages, YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN

Sponsored Links
I cant watch it the guy who presents it makes me feel a bit nauseous.

Tell me about it.

Tonights one was no better!... Basin not siliconed in properly, WOODEN skirtingboard plinth given to the shower tray - wonder how long that will take to rot!!!...

Tiling on the kitchen splashback was all uneven.

AND - why does he always start the program saying - I have been "ASSOCIATED" with the building trade for the last 20 years - what on earth does that mean - i assume that means he's not a builder and they are trying to make it sound like he is!!!...

OK - feel i should stop watching the program now. Its going to be bad for my health :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back