Bristan cinnamon tap

j&k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Bristan cinnamon tap fitted in my new kitchen. It replaces another brand new tap that only had about a weeks worth of use (long story . . ). The plumber connected it to the flexi hoses that came with the first tap as it was easier as they were already in place. My problem is the loud, harsh noise that comes when the tap is on medium flow (cold water). There's no noise when the tap is switched to low or high flow. I've tried reducing the incoming water pressure but this then reduces the flow available throughout the house, so is not acceptable (the shower struggles). The tap says it's suitable for low and high pressure, so I thought I'd covered all bases. I have a gravity fed system with a cold water tank in the loft and an emersion heater on the landing. I know nothing about plumbing and the plumber is blaming the tap. Any thoughts on a solution would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Tell us about the first tap, it may have a bearing on what is going on.

The first tap was/is a Mayfair Apollo mono kitchen tap - it worked perfectly, no adverse sounds at all - I had to change it because the half precut holes on the new sink were not central and this tap's hot and cold controls were at the base of the tap, so when the tap was fitted the cold controls were dangling over the sink and it looked daft - hence going for another tap with just a lever on the top.

I think the Bristan flexis should have been fitted - the original ones may have had some sort of non return valve ( making the noise) and I would assume Bristan won't honour a guarantee without all their supplied parts fitted.

Sponsored Links
Yes, thankyou, I did wonder about the flexis. I don't know about non return valves, I'll have to look into that. The only difference I can see at the moment is that the Bristan flexis have an isolation valve on each hose and the Apollo flexis don't. Good point about the guarantee too. Thankyou again, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back